This is a quick and easy recipe where the oven does most of the work. Great as a barbecue dish too.
Roasted fennel with mixed tomatoes – recipe
- 2 fennel bulbs including tops, core and thinly sliced
- 1 whole garlic bulb, peeled
- 1 whole lemon, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g punnet of mixed tomatoes – I used Isle of Wight tomato selection pack
- Pre heat the oven to 230C / 450F / Gas Mark 8
- Place the fennel, garlic cloves and lemon on a baking tray. Sprinkle salt onto the veg, then drizzle over with oil. Toss together to ensure an even coating.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minues or until the fennel is golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, return the baking tray to the oven and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Serve immediately.